Friday 3 May 2013

My Box Braids Experience

Hey guys, as promised Im going to blog about my box braids :).

For the past year I have been so desperate to have box braids done. So finally on 16/03/13 I decided it was time for me to take the plunge and I got them done (cheap enough price too!). I had my braids in for a total of 6 weeks 6 days.

I must say my experience overall was not as pleasant as I taught it would be!

Firstly the braids were super heavy, gave me a constant headache, and taking them off was such a relief.

Secondly I was soo busy with college I didn't really get to do much styles with them which was a bummer, because that was one of the reasons why I got them in, in the first place. Nonetheless I absolutely loved the way they looked on me :), It was different and yet unique, low manipulative, and easy to style and take care of. I was free from washing my hair and conditioning numerous times, moisturizing my hair numerous times and also pulling out my hair! ( lol I wont like I pulled out the ones at the front, you'll see from the pics below ).

Over all I don't think I will be doing such heavy box braids for a while!


This is basically how I wore my braids throughout the 6 weeks, the sides tied up :) 





Here I was bored what can I say ?? lool








Here is what my lil sis did to my braids for a Fashion Show

One thing I most definitely regretted was pulling the braids at the front out :( 

  


Well that about does it for my experience with braids, hope you enjoyed reading :) FOLLOW THIS BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment